Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

MCMC in response of SMS spam - part 2

This message was a follow up sent by a reader named CASS whom had contributed by giving information of personal that we should inform when received SMS spam.


Dear Fellow Mobile Users,

On 30 Mar 2012, MCMC issued a directive to all network service providers (NSPs) to stop sending and allow the sending of spam sms with immediate effect. The NSPs are ignoring this directive.

Please file complaints with MCMC for the spam sms that you have received as MCMC claimed that they are unable to take enforcement action if mobile users don't file complaints.

Also, please use the email addresses provided below to send emails (repeatedly, eg. once or twice a week) to demand, as consumers and voters, the following:


that enforcement action (compound fine or orosecution and not just warning letters or suspension) be taken against NSPs and content providers (CPs), for sending and allowing spam sms to be sent into your phone which are violations of laws under Communications and Multimedia Act 1998, General Consumer Code, Content Code, Determination No. 4/2009 and Directive of 30 Mar 2012.
that the below mentioned spam sms filtering system be made mandatory to all NSPs by MCMC within this year.
As consumers we have our rights but only if we stand up for it.

and here are lists of emails we should direct to

drrais@kpkk.gov.my, kamaruddin@kpkk.gov.my, ali@pmo.gov.my, idris.jala@pemandu.gov.my, zabidi@mampu.cov.my, jailani@cmc.gov.my, hazirah@cmc.gov.my, cnorliza@cmc.gov.my, che.norhazreen@cmc.gov.my, aishah@cmc.gov.my, zur@cmc.gov.my, sharizanaa@cmc.gov.my, devi@cmc.gov.my, shaharliza@cmc.gov.my, hussin@cmc.gov.my, mazlan@cmc.gov.my, aduan@cfm.org.my, amar@cmc.gov.my, mohd.rashdi@cmc.gov.my, saiful.azhar@cmc.gov.my, azizan@cmc.gov.my, eneng@cmc.gov.my, masniza.Ilias@cmc.gov.my, naomi@cmc.gov.my


Special thank you to Cass for this information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What can a weak citizen do to fight the o'mighty and powerful? You can help by spreading the news in your blogs, article writeup and let the world know.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment